The AHIBA3 Message Board

AHIBA 3 is the latest continuation of the long running online baseball simulation.

Our forum has moved to www.simnation.net. Please sign on and regster at www.simnation.net- the league is now on www.ahiba3.net (new server)

Current ML Logo/Uniforms

Jeff14131281
    Batboy
    Batboy

Re: Current ML Logo/Uniforms

Post by Jeff14131281 on Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:18 am

Thanks. Responded to the e mail. Computer generated would be an awesome way to go. Kind of like a freshman in high school. Just need to get the feel. Take care and good job running the draft process.
    Rich
    Commish
    Commish

Div Titles: : '09

Post by Rich on Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:45 am

ok- we may just go with computer generated roster to start. 2 teams are open. 1 was open and 1 GM dropped out. Most of you guys said you wouldn't mind the computer generated teams to start. Next week would be free agent signings. I'll explain it more on Friday. If all agree, I'll have the amateur draft finished and the new structure in place by Thursday. You'll do fine- it's only a game. We are here to have fun and win Smile
    Jeff14131281
    Batboy
    Batboy

Post by Jeff14131281 on Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:24 am

Thanks for the advice Rich. I will change lineups around based on season to date performance. Need to see some accumulated stats before changes occur. Thanks for the advice on the injury fatigue. That is a real helpful hint. Looks like you guys had a fun draft last night. Don't think I can stay up that late though. I have a long day on Friday. After work I go north to Baltimore and hang with the woman for the weekend. Friday night is usually grocery night so Saturday I crash till around lunch time. I will be lucky if I can hang for an hour on Thursday night. I will take any players though. Not a big deal. I can manage just about anybody out there on the diamond. Need to learn my way around this first season. Have a great day and thanks for all your advice.
    Rich
    Commish
    Commish

Post by Rich on Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:16 am

We use to use our own financial system from when the games didn't have one and we never adopted it. This is the first time using the in game finances so they are new to alot of us. We are easing into them. We erased all history so everyone starts with all options and min salary. Most leagues start with a computer generated salary.

It's a good program- it's got its issues but no sim is perfect. It's not from a big company- a few guys in Germany wrote it in the early 2000s and it grew from there. It's really ideal for online leagues.

Great - feel free to ask any questions. I will help you in any way. We aer a casual league so it's a good place to start and learn the game. Some games have a lot of funky rules and requirements that make it hard to keep up.

1 word of advise. Make sure you keep an eye on player fatigue and rest players here and there. There is a greater chance of injury when they play tired. If you never change your lineup you may end up with a lot of injuries.
    Jeff14131281
    Batboy
    Batboy

Post by Jeff14131281 on Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:14 pm

I understand not utilizing the expansion process since this league is almost brand new. Not a big deal. I noticed how salaries increase over time. I am new to OOTP. Don't have the game. I am first going to attempt to gain knowledge just by winging it here. I don't anticipate huge success early on. Hoping though that the learning curve is not a killer and can be conquered relatively soon. Don't know though. Won't know until we go live. Could be a challenge for me. Does look different though from what I have seen. Until recently did not even know about OOTP. Don't think I have seen it referenced before anywhere. I had a slow day at work today so able to see this site a bit. Some days at work though are killers. Workload is not even. Almost time to head home. Fun day at this site today. Thanks for newbie orientation Rich. Have a great evening and a fun draft. I might try and check it out later tonight for a few minutes. See ya.
    Rich
    Commish
    Commish

Post by Rich on Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:01 pm

We aren't really doing the expansion correctly. There is an expansion draft feature and the players come from the existing teams. But because we only have 14 teams originaly and only around for 1 year I didn't want the teams to lose players. I also want to get more teams quicker so we can focus on creating league history. You have the game, just new to it?
    Jeff14131281
    Batboy
    Batboy

Thanks for the info on that

Post by Jeff14131281 on Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:57 pm

The process looks interesting. I'm not familiar with OOTP so this is new stuff.
    Rich
    Commish
    Commish

Post by Rich on Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:47 pm

You can send me a list to cover as many rounds as you like before Thursday 7PM. Then when you leave the draft early or if you can't make it, I can go by the list until it runs out. There are only 6 expansion teams so 150 players would cover the full 25 rounds. The minors will be computer generated.
    I still need to generate the free agents after I finish the amateur draft. So you can't make a list now. But you can draft anyone who is a free agent.
    Jeff14131281
    Batboy
    Batboy

Thanks Rich

Post by Jeff14131281 on Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:20 pm

That does not sound that difficult. Looks like I am learning some new terminology. I may have to cross those bridges when I get there. By the way, I may not have lots of time for manual draft process. I am hoping you all will be able to help with this. I would like to be in the league. Since I am in somewhat of a learning phase I can probably work with any players that pop up on roster. Looking forward to this though. Looks challenging.
    Rich
    Commish
    Commish

Exporting

Post by Rich on Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:06 pm

When ever you make a change to your lineups (replace an injured players) or roster (promote a player to AAA), you will need to export the changes to the server. Before I do the sim- I pick up everyones changes from the server. So for any changes that you make in your game- you have to send them to the league server by the deadline. I sim M-W-F around 7 AM. As long as you export your changes by 5M sim day- you will be fine.

To export changes, human managers in an online game have a new action menu on the bottom of each page in the Team menu, the Import/Export action menu. Choose export team via ftp. You won't see this until we get your team up and running. You can make sure its working during the spring training sims. If you have no changes- you don't need to do anything and it will use the prior days lineups.

OOTPX manual -
    http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/documentation/ootp10/index.php?page=exporting[url][/url]
    Jeff14131281
    Batboy
    Batboy

Thanks for the info - question

Post by Jeff14131281 on Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:49 pm

I don't know what export lineup means. Will the Sim use lineup from prior game? I tend to prefer to change lineups every so many games as opposed to every game. I like to see guys in a certain spot in lineup for a while just to see how they do. Little confused on export concept.
    Rich
    Commish
    Commish

Post by Rich on Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:52 am

it's a lot at first but once we get going you really only have to worry about drafts, trades, and you roster/lineups. Most of it is just customization to get it to be your team. If your happy with defaults that is fine. We don't have many funky rules so once you get going it will be familar to playing solo- except you need to export your lineups before each sim.
    Jeff14131281
    Batboy
    Batboy

Looking forward to this next season

Post by Jeff14131281 on Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:45 am

Still scratching my head though on all of the logistics associated with this stuff. Looks interesting though.
    Rich
    Commish
    Commish

Current ML Logo/Uniforms

Post by Rich on Sun Oct 25, 2009 4:31 pm

Last edited by Rich on Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:30 pm; edited 3 times in total

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:46 pm