The AHIBA3 Message Board

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The AHIBA3 Message Board

AHIBA 3 is the latest continuation of the long running online baseball simulation.

Our forum has moved to www.simnation.net. Please sign on and regster at www.simnation.net- the league is now on www.ahiba3.net (new server)

3 posters

Yankees- Halliday rumors going around again

Jeff14131281
    Jeff14131281
    Batboy
    Batboy

Yankees- Halliday rumors going around again Empty Elmer Dessens

Post by Jeff14131281 Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:29 pm

I actually did not know who this guy is. Did a google on him and found out he is a 38 year old guy with career ERA of 4.53. Not really a great career with most of his time in the bullpen. I am hoping that my first round pick in the draft can do better than this guy. If not, my team will have difficulties for quiet some time. Amazing though that Elmer has been able to hang around the majors that long and bounce from team to team. Maybe that career ERA has been just good enough to hang on the bubble.
    Bumstead
    Bumstead
    Batboy
    Batboy

Yankees- Halliday rumors going around again Empty Re: Yankees- Halliday rumors going around again

Post by Bumstead Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:27 pm

For your sake, I hope the 'Elmer' that you draft is more effective than Elmer Dessens! Laughing
    Jeff14131281
    Jeff14131281
    Batboy
    Batboy

Yankees- Halliday rumors going around again Empty Elmer

Post by Jeff14131281 Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:12 pm

When I was a kid I was a big fan of Elmer Fudd. Also liked using Elmer glue back in the day. I am hoping in the future to be able to draft a player named Elmer here at ahiba3.com.
    Bumstead
    Bumstead
    Batboy
    Batboy

Yankees- Halliday rumors going around again Empty Re: Yankees- Halliday rumors going around again

Post by Bumstead Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:25 pm

You just signed Elmer Dessens, what more could you need? How often does a team get an opportunity to sign a guy named Elmer? tongue
    Rich
    Rich
    Commish
    Commish

Div Titles: : '09

Yankees- Halliday rumors going around again Empty Mets

Post by Rich Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:28 am

I'd like a new owner and GM Very Happy
    Jeff14131281
    Jeff14131281
    Batboy
    Batboy

Yankees- Halliday rumors going around again Empty Don't follow the mets much

Post by Jeff14131281 Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:08 pm

but there are some folks I think that blame the GM guy Omar Minaya or something like that. I'm not real familiar with the Mets dilemmas over the years. They were also fun to watch during the mid 80's with Hernandez and Strawberry I think on that team. Gary Carter was pretty good as well behind the plate.
    Jeff14131281
    Jeff14131281
    Batboy
    Batboy

Yankees- Halliday rumors going around again Empty Grumman Aircraft

Post by Jeff14131281 Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:04 pm

I lived near the intersection of Old Country Rd and Broadway. I remember when I was a kid hearing the loud engines firing up in Bethpage at Grumman. Long time ago though. Moved away down to DC in 1972. Went from the Yankees/Mets to no baseball at all. The Senators left town around that time. Glad to have baseball back in DC now but I have only been to one game. I just don't have the time to go to the stadium. It is not far though from where I work. I had fun as a kid growing up in Hicksville. My friends and I played a baseball board game at the time called Gil Hodges pennant fever. My love for the game goes back many years.
    Rich
    Rich
    Commish
    Commish

Yankees- Halliday rumors going around again Empty Mets Rumors

Post by Rich Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:19 pm

Maybe the Mets will wake up-

Rumor is the are making an offer to C Molina and OF Bay. Would love to get Bay back.
    Rich
    Rich
    Commish
    Commish

Yankees- Halliday rumors going around again Empty Hicksville

Post by Rich Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:14 pm

Jeff- how funny. live right next to Hicksville in Bethpage. Grew up Plainview/Old Bethpage which is on the other side of Hicksville.
    Jeff14131281
    Jeff14131281
    Batboy
    Batboy

Yankees- Halliday rumors going around again Empty NY Mets back in 1969

Post by Jeff14131281 Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:28 pm

Back then I was living in Hicksville in Nassau County. Enjoyed that year very much. We had the Mets, Jets and the Knicks all do well. I think the Baltimore teams were close but could not get over the top that year. I would like to see Halliday go to a bigger market so the spotlight can truly shine on him. That would be great. Maybe get to see him on national tv more often. I don't have the baseball ticket on cable or dish. Just watch ESPN and Fox on Saturday. I watch Atlanta and Chicago as well on cable.
    Bumstead
    Bumstead
    Batboy
    Batboy

Post by Bumstead Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:53 am

At least your Mets have money to spend...think what it's like to be a Reds fan and watch them do nothing every year...or they trade for Rolen and all the fans complain because he costs too much and is handcuffing our payroll flexibility...I've been brainwashed...

I hate the Yankees...the scourge of baseball! Onward OOTP and Fictional Baseball Leagues everywhere! Shocked
    Rich
    Rich
    Commish
    Commish

Yankees- Halliday rumors going around again Empty Yankees- Halliday rumors going around again

Post by Rich Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:59 pm

some propsect Moreno or Morrerra and either Joba or Hughes for Halliday....

My Mets....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content