The AHIBA3 Message Board

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The AHIBA3 Message Board

AHIBA 3 is the latest continuation of the long running online baseball simulation.

Our forum has moved to www.simnation.net. Please sign on and regster at www.simnation.net- the league is now on www.ahiba3.net (new server)

3 posters

Future changes/discussion

joshua6021
    joshua6021
    Batboy
    Batboy

Future changes/discussion Empty Re: Future changes/discussion

Post by joshua6021 Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:58 pm

Bumstead wrote:Stadium changes are fine with me. I'm not changing my stadium or moving; I may add seats if I have extra cash...

Bonus' for writing articles: it's up to you. I write them because it makes it more interesting for me. If y'all want to reward that, it's fine with me.

Salary Cap: why should it change? Things will level out after the next 3 seasons (AHIBA seasons) and then the free agents will have to back down a bit on their demands. The only reason to change it is to make it easier on the original teams. I haven't really heard a good reason that would make me feel that it should be raised.

Bum

I would really like to add article rewards to this league!
    Rich
    Rich
    Commish
    Commish

Div Titles: : '09

Post by Rich Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:35 am

this would be if we still have extra alot of extra cash. If most of the teams can support team budgets of 100-120mil, I think it should be raised to 100. Just my thought and we would need to wait a few seasons. Plus I got the media contact real low- at 14mil a team. Should be more like 25-36 mil.
    Bumstead
    Bumstead
    Batboy
    Batboy

Post by Bumstead Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:30 am

Stadium changes are fine with me. I'm not changing my stadium or moving; I may add seats if I have extra cash...

Bonus' for writing articles: it's up to you. I write them because it makes it more interesting for me. If y'all want to reward that, it's fine with me.

Salary Cap: why should it change? Things will level out after the next 3 seasons (AHIBA seasons) and then the free agents will have to back down a bit on their demands. The only reason to change it is to make it easier on the original teams. I haven't really heard a good reason that would make me feel that it should be raised.

Bum
    Rich
    Rich
    Commish
    Commish

Div Titles: : '09

Future changes/discussion Empty Future changes/discussion

Post by Rich Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:03 pm

Hi Guys,

There are a few things that I want to bring up to see how the league feels. Some we discussed in season one - but we have a lot more teams and different GMs now. So I figured I would bring them up again. Let me know what you think?

1) Salary cap - I'm thinking of raising the salary cap in the future to 100,000. I think since our starting salary is 400k most teams can use the extra room. This is assuming all the teams have team budgets between 80 and 120 million and there is still alot of extra cash to go arouns. It wouldn't go up until all teams go through there first arbitration. But its something to think about. It would use up more extra money. We will know more when we start next season and see where the team budgets and extra cash reserves are at.

2) Article Compensation - This was a hot topic in season one and didn't have much support. Its up for discussion again. My thoughts are to offer cash for articles and not team and player improvements. You can only save a limited amount of cash anyways and it would award GMs for writing articles. Teams that are in financial trouble can write articles and help dig there ways out. It's not a lot but a little reward.

-Article about GM’s own team: $50,000 (Must be at least a couple of sentences long and cannot be a copy of OOTP generated news articles)

-Article that is AHIBA related, but not about the GM’s own team (includes other teams, league news, or AHIBA as a whole): $100,000

3) Stadium changes/relocation

- Going forward existing GMs will need to pay to relocate their teams. New GMs will have a free relocation in the first spring that they take over the team. When you decide to relocate, you will need to build a new stadium. Relocation will cost of $10 million. The bill can be spread out over X seasons (negotiable between the commish and the owner), however the team cannot move into the stadium until the debt is paid off.

- Owners are allowed to add seats and change the dimensions/modifiers for an existing stadium for a price.

Additional seating for a stadium (max capacity of 70,000) for $5,000 per seat with a 1,000 seat minimum purchase and a 5,000 seat maximum in a single offseason ($5 million minimum purchase, $25 million for the maximum).

Changing the field and wall dimensions of their stadium at a cost of $10,000 per foot. Changing the dimensions and wall heights will affect the park factors at a rate of 0.005 per foot (move out the left or left-center wall, lower HR but raise avg, 2B, and 3B for RHB; centerfield wall affects both LHB and RHB, right and right-center affect LHB).

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:01 am