The AHIBA3 Message Board

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The AHIBA3 Message Board

AHIBA 3 is the latest continuation of the long running online baseball simulation.

Our forum has moved to www.simnation.net. Please sign on and regster at www.simnation.net- the league is now on www.ahiba3.net (new server)

3 posters

Salary cap

Rich
    Rich
    Commish
    Commish

Div Titles: : '09

Salary cap Empty Nationals

Post by Rich Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:09 am

Hi Jeff-

Are you looking to move picks? Because I got players at pretty much any position that I need to move-of yopur willing to move picks or prospects. I had the game create some random free agents- so there are also at least 30 good to very good hitters and batter to sign. Plus you could probaly improve your system with the borderline major leaguers now and dump those 10-30 contact players in your system Smile Now your chance- I don't think we will be adding any more random players to the game going forward. So see whats out there- you can offer them minor league contracts too-. Cash is useless at this point so I don't thing you will be able to get players for cash.
    Bumstead
    Bumstead
    Batboy
    Batboy

Salary cap Empty Re: Salary cap

Post by Bumstead Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:50 pm

If you read the trade blocks, all the expansion teams are trying to trade for more prospects...I can't trade my "star players" if these teams aren't willing to give up some sort of prospects/picks in return. I agree the league s/b competitive, I just don't agree that players with 2 years of service time s/b subject to arbitration (if they had more than 2 years then, yes, as that is the intention of the system). I just don't think I should have to tear my team apart after two years...but having said that, take a look at my trading block; I am perfectly willing to trade players. In fact I love to make trades.

Having said that, my goal is still to win and build a consistently competitive team. I want to win every year if I can, even knowing it won't be possible. I have no intention of ever going into rebuild mode if I can avoid it.

Jeff
    Wingate
    Jeff14131281
    Jeff14131281
    Batboy
    Batboy

Post by Jeff14131281 Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:34 pm

I was reading e mails all morning on this subject. You have plenty of teams in this league including the new expansion teams that will have cash to spend on star players. There are teams in this league overloaded with star players. The new expansion teams along with teams that were new last season with cash should be able to pay larger salaries than these teams that are abundant with stars. I think we should have a competitive league here. Players deserve market wages during this process if I understood all these e mails this morning. All teams should be able to afford some star players as opposed to star players being underpaid on teams that have dominated in this league. Market wages is the way to go and there are many teams here with cash including the new expansion teams that should be able to purchase players. Having a win percentage here less than .300 does not make sense. There are a few teams here at .600 or so that have players at salaries that are too low and not at market. Let's have a competitive league with market wages.
    Bumstead
    Bumstead
    Batboy
    Batboy

Post by Bumstead Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:26 pm

Take a look at my trading block under utilities. I'm the last team...I think the print is black on black so you have to hold your left button down on your mouse and slide across where the team name should be to reveal: Wingate Gladiators...

Thanks

Jeff
    Wingate Gladiators
    Jeff14131281
    Jeff14131281
    Batboy
    Batboy

Salary cap Empty Salary cap

Post by Jeff14131281 Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:13 pm

If there are star players out there that are looking for a paycheck you might want to consider the Washington Nationals club. We have dollars to spend and would like a star or two on the team to go along with the rebuild process. We have cap room and willing to deal. Check us out and let's negotiate a salary and get ready for next season.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:32 pm