The AHIBA3 Message Board

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The AHIBA3 Message Board

AHIBA 3 is the latest continuation of the long running online baseball simulation.

Our forum has moved to www.simnation.net. Please sign on and regster at www.simnation.net- the league is now on www.ahiba3.net (new server)

2 posters

Spring Training Approaches

Bumstead
    Bumstead
    Batboy
    Batboy

Spring Training Approaches Empty Spring Training Approaches

Post by Bumstead Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:03 pm

The Wingate Gladiators had some early arrivals today and their new fans were there to greet them. New acquisitions Murray Clay, Himmi Nsoah and Ronald Berry all arrived at the almost finished new home of the Wingate Gladiators.

Ronald Berry, still confused by what seems like a roster snafu, said, "Well, I talked to Mr. Palin this morning and he assured me that I would be added to the roster before spring training. Seems odd to me that it is taking this long, but he seems a like a straight shooter, so I will take his word for it. So, here I am. The stadium is beautiful and the fans have been awesome so far. I know Wingate has a starting catcher but I have been assured that I will get a shot at the everyday catcher job. I just want to contribute and hopefully help bring a championship to this little town."

Murray Clay said, "Wow, I took a ride around town and saw how small this town was before the Gladiators moved in and boy, it was small! I am so excited to be here and I can't wait to get the chance to prove my detractors wrong."

Himmi Nsoah pretty much echoed those statements, "Such a small town, but the people are so nice and supportive! I look forward to getting the season started and proving that I am worthy of the responsibility Mr. Palin has put on my shoulders."

Also arriving were Spike Horn, Se-tol Pak and Dave Bruce. Most of the rest of the spring training invitees are expected to arrive in the next couple of days. That's pretty early for professional baseball players as most normally arrive on the date required not 2-3 weeks ahead of time. Said Spike Horn, "Hey, we got a lot to prove to this organization. We are so happy as a team to have this ownership group and to be located in this community. We just want to prove that we belong in this league. Last year was a bit disappointing from a performance standpoint and we aim to prove the detractors wrong. Watch out for our pitching staff as I see some massive improvements coming!"

The stadium should be completed in the next few days. The plan once all the players arrive in the next week is to hold a little exhibition for the fans at the new park. Fans will get in free and there will also be free food and pop/water. Jeff Palin said, "I am so excited to put this team out there for the Wingate folks to see. This is real and we are here to contend over the long-haul."

Richard "Dick" Fulwider, who recently moved back to Wingate (after a few years in Crawfordsville) said, "I knew I liked Jeff, but what he is doing with this town is amazing. This town seemed about dead and now it's thriving. I hope it can maintain the small town atmosphere while supporting this big-time franchise. My season tickets arrived today and I can't wait for opening day!"

Jeff's Dad, Ronald Palin said (with a smirk on his face), "You would think if he could afford to buy a baseball team, he could afford his own house...now I got three new mouths to feed...he assures me he is going to buy back his grandpa's property and build a home there, but that may take some time. Says he has more pressing matters right now. His wife and son are a joy but he is kind of a pain in the, well, you know. I don't know where he gets that; probably his Mom." When told of his father's comments Mr. Palin chuckled and said, "not my Mom."

The Wingate Gladiators appear headed in the right direction. Only time will tell if this team can meet its own high expectations.
    Rich
    Rich
    Commish
    Commish

Div Titles: : '09

Spring Training Approaches Empty Re: Spring Training Approaches

Post by Rich Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:48 pm

good posting