The AHIBA3 Message Board

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The AHIBA3 Message Board

AHIBA 3 is the latest continuation of the long running online baseball simulation.

Our forum has moved to www.simnation.net. Please sign on and regster at www.simnation.net- the league is now on www.ahiba3.net (new server)

4 posters

Prospect Talk #1

Never Forget '04
    Never Forget '04
    Batboy
    Batboy

Prospect Talk #1 Empty Prospect Talk #1

Post by Never Forget '04 Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:29 pm

After seeing some articles I have decided to start a small series about prospect around the AHIBA. The first Prospect Talk will center around my club, The Texas Bandits, and its called would you rather. You have to chose one prospect from the list and explain why you chose them.

First is Doug Cowan. Doug is a speed minded SS with great defense but only decent offensive potential.

Secondly is Ian Strickland. Ian is a great all-around CF with good defense. He also shows great contact (75), Gap (79), and aviod k's (90).

Lastly is Pancho Flores. Flores is a decent peripherals and pitches. Although he has 2 pitches, he has a great ground ball percent (69%) and can hit 99 on the radar gun.

My personal choice is Ian Strickland. He will be an excellent lead-off hitter and almost never k's.
    Rich
    Rich
    Commish
    Commish

Div Titles: : '09

Prospect Talk #1 Empty Re: Prospect Talk #1

Post by Rich Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:18 am

If I had to pick 1 from the list it would be Pancho Flores. I favor pitching. He has the stamina and ratings to be a starter. The only flaw is he only has two pitches. I'd like to see if he develops a third pitch or he would be great in the bullpen. I would try him out as a starter as we have some very good 2 pitch starters in the league right now.
    Bumstead
    Bumstead
    Batboy
    Batboy

Post by Bumstead Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:27 am

Wow. I like all 3 guys! You got two guys that provide solid D up the middle with hitting skills as well; very important. But, if Flores can develop that 3rd pitch he could be a special pitcher. Hard to find TOR starters and Flores has that chance, so by a hair I take Flores.

Keep the series going.

Jeff
    Wingate Gladiators
    Jeff14131281
    Jeff14131281
    Batboy
    Batboy

Prospect Talk #1 Empty Washington Nationals Prospects

Post by Jeff14131281 Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:15 pm

I was looking over the AAA guys down to the rookie league guys. Nobody really stands out as prospects that will take this team towards the .500 direction. The only prospect is probably the first round pick after this season is over and that player is currently playing college ball or high school ball. I probably won't even sign anybody over 30 to contracts and tie up salary cap dollars. Even a guy like Jorge Roman will probably get thrown back into the pool for contenders to bid on that are going for rings. The rebuild probably won't happen overnight. I'm looking forward though to the next bench clearing brawl. My guys are so disgruntled that they are chomping at the bit to go out and fight some guys. They are a little weak with their jab skills. Have a great evening all and good luck with Friday games. This weekend I need to work on my lineup again to try and find nine guys that want to swing the bats. Finding offense with this bunch is a lot of work.
    Rich
    Rich
    Commish
    Commish

Div Titles: : '09

Post by Rich Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:50 pm

Jeff-

Just so you know you can trade your vets for draft picks (in case you didn't know). Draft picks 1-5 are available for the upcoming amateur draft in November. After the all star break you can trade your 1-5 picks for upcoming and following drafts. So if you can get some extra draft picks, it could help you rebuild your minors faster.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 6:21 pm