The AHIBA3 Message Board

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The AHIBA3 Message Board

AHIBA 3 is the latest continuation of the long running online baseball simulation.

Our forum has moved to www.simnation.net. Please sign on and regster at www.simnation.net- the league is now on www.ahiba3.net (new server)

2 posters

Mets ownership is clueless/bring back doubleday

Bumstead
    Bumstead
    Batboy
    Batboy

Mets ownership is clueless/bring back doubleday Empty Re: Mets ownership is clueless/bring back doubleday

Post by Bumstead Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:53 pm

Yeah, imagine Ray Knight over-reacting to a situation... Rolling Eyes

I wish Eric Davis could have stayed healthy for 150+ games for 10 straight years in his prime. The numbers would have been incredible and he would have easily been a first ballot HOF'er. Watching him in person was amazing; best player I have ever seen play the game. IMHO
    Rich
    Rich
    Commish
    Commish

Div Titles: : '09

Mets ownership is clueless/bring back doubleday Empty Davis

Post by Rich Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:30 pm

Eric Davis was one fine player. I remember him well- and when Ray Knight clocked him! Very Happy
    Bumstead
    Bumstead
    Batboy
    Batboy

Mets ownership is clueless/bring back doubleday Empty Re: Mets ownership is clueless/bring back doubleday

Post by Bumstead Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:06 pm

1990 - The Reds swept the Steroid Boys (Canseco, McGuire, Stewart). One of my two favorite players of all time, Eric Davis (Pete Rose is the other in case you are interested), was the star of that team and launched a 2-run HR off Dave Stewart in the first inning of the first game to spur them to the championship. Jose Rijo won games 1 and 4 matched up against Dave Stewart and Billy Hatcher hit about .700 for the series. It was awesome!

I remember the Big Red Machine but not like I remember the teams of the 80's and 90's.

Jeff
    Rich
    Rich
    Commish
    Commish

Mets ownership is clueless/bring back doubleday Empty Big Red Machine

Post by Rich Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:18 pm

I'm too young to remember the big red machine days but I remember them winning some point in the early 90s Very Happy
    Bumstead
    Bumstead
    Batboy
    Batboy

Post by Bumstead Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:58 pm

one more time than I saw the Reds win! affraid
    Rich
    Rich
    Commish
    Commish

Mets ownership is clueless/bring back doubleday Empty so true

Post by Rich Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:20 pm

at least I saw the Mets win once
    Bumstead
    Bumstead
    Batboy
    Batboy

Post by Bumstead Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:32 pm

Well, all I can say, as I site here "working" in Chicago, is at least we aren't Cubs fans!!!! Twisted Evil
    Rich
    Rich
    Commish
    Commish

Mets ownership is clueless/bring back doubleday Empty Mets ownership is clueless/bring back doubleday

Post by Rich Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:20 pm

The problem is the Met ownership... The Wilpons forced out doubleday and they haven't been the same since. The do spend the money but they seem to go only 3/4. They never get that final piece. Not sure what is worth- never having a chance or having it danggled in front of you every once in a while but never getting there again. Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 9:35 am