The AHIBA3 Message Board

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The AHIBA3 Message Board

AHIBA 3 is the latest continuation of the long running online baseball simulation.

Our forum has moved to www.simnation.net. Please sign on and regster at www.simnation.net- the league is now on www.ahiba3.net (new server)

2 posters

Wingate Clobbers Division Leaders! Makes Trade!

Bumstead
    Bumstead
    Batboy
    Batboy

Wingate Clobbers Division Leaders!  Makes Trade! Empty Wingate Clobbers Division Leaders! Makes Trade!

Post by Bumstead Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:41 pm

Wingate Gazette - 7/12/2009
    by Mary Jane Pleasant

Wingate went into Las Vegas and swept four games from the Holy Rollers. Then Long Island came to Gladiator field and lost two of the three games to Wingate in front of some of the biggest crowds of the year. Wingate moved to within 6 games of the division lead and into a tie for the first Wild Card spot with Las Vegas. For the season Wingate holds a 7-3 advantage over Las Vegas and an 8-4 advantage over Long Island; Wingate also holds a slim advantage of 5-3 over Alameda, who now leads the other division by a half game.

When asked about the beat down Wingate put on the division leaders Jeff Palin, General Manager of the Gladiators, had this to say, "I don't know about a beat down, but the players performed very well in a string of games that we needed to win to stay in contention for the division title. It was great to see all the fans cheering us on at the ballpark. I know that our newest addition was impressed by the support of the crowd."

And speaking of the Gladiators newest player: Wingate traded local product Tony Pacheco to the Brooklyn Yard Dawgs for Jimmy White. Jimmy has had an up and down year as Brooklyn has mostly used him out of the bullpen. In his first start for Wingate, Jimmy went 7 2/3 innings, allowing 3 earned runs, striking out 9 Gulls, while walking only 1 in a 7-3 Wingate victory. Jimmy had this to say after his performance, "I am very excited to get the opportunity to be a starter on a team that is in contention. I had a lot of friends on my former team so it is still a little new, but I will put it all on the line for Wingate each and every start they have me make. The players have been very supportive and I look forward to trying to help this team get to the playoffs."

Next on tap for the Gladiators: the All-Star Break. Seven of Wingate's players made the All-Star roster: Sun Min, Spike Horn, Himmi Nsoah, Ron Berry, Tim Christensen, Dave Bruce and Mel Wright. Unless I am mistaken, that is the most players from any team in either league.

Very impressive first half for Wingate. Let's hope they can maintain it for the rest of the season as well.
    Rich
    Rich
    Commish
    Commish

Div Titles: : '09

Wingate Clobbers Division Leaders!  Makes Trade! Empty Re: Wingate Clobbers Division Leaders! Makes Trade!

Post by Rich Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:44 pm

Mary is back Very Happy Great job with the team Jeff. You really are turning things around for the franchise.
    Bumstead
    Bumstead
    Batboy
    Batboy

Wingate Clobbers Division Leaders!  Makes Trade! Empty Re: Wingate Clobbers Division Leaders! Makes Trade!

Post by Bumstead Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:05 pm

I think she put the bong down for the day anyway! Razz

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 5:17 am