The AHIBA3 Message Board

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The AHIBA3 Message Board

AHIBA 3 is the latest continuation of the long running online baseball simulation.

Our forum has moved to www.simnation.net. Please sign on and regster at www.simnation.net- the league is now on www.ahiba3.net (new server)

3 posters

AHIBA Stats

Jeff14131281
    Jeff14131281
    Batboy
    Batboy

AHIBA Stats Empty Re: AHIBA Stats

Post by Jeff14131281 Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:05 pm

Thanks Jeff. I did not know that. I can put that on my to do list this upcoming season. It may not help but I probably should be conscious of my guy and if they are in correct roles. Thanks again
    Bumstead
    Bumstead
    Batboy
    Batboy

Post by Bumstead Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:47 pm

Pitching Roles do exist:

Starter
    Spot Starter
    Mop Up
    Middle Reliever
    Set Up Man
    Closer

All these roles exist when you setup your pitching staff.

Jeff
    Wingate Gladiators
    Jeff14131281
    Jeff14131281
    Batboy
    Batboy

Post by Jeff14131281 Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:39 pm

Appreciate your input Rich. It will be interesting to see what this guy does next season. I still think he looks like a mop up man based on his stats alone and on his ratings. If possible though I think this owner should replace him if possible. But then again I have not looked over the team that well. Most of the games he entered the run differential was high. He may have contributed to it though with his high ERA. Mop up guys though tend not to have lots of decisions especially on poor offensive teams that cannot come back. The long relief guy usually comes in close games when the starter is tired. Two different roles. I still don't know though if OOTP has designated roles for bullpen guys. I don't have the visibility on that not owning the software. Last season I did not communicate to Rich on my roles if they in fact do exist.
    Rich
    Rich
    Commish
    Commish

Div Titles: : '09

AHIBA Stats Empty Personality ratings

Post by Rich Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:54 pm

His personality ratings effect his morale- which will effect his stats-

Personality Ratings
    Leader Ability: 18
    Loyalty: 29
    Desire for Winning: 87 ** See below **
    Greed: 41
    Intelligence: 45
    Work Ethic: 42

Rating Description
    Leadership A player's ability to lead. Players with high leadership have some positive effect on other players in the clubhouse, potentially affecting both their performance and their development.
    Loyalty How loyal a player is to his current team. Players with high loyalty may be more likely to sign extensions.
    Desire for Winning Team How important it is for a player to be on a winning team. Players who need winning teams factor this into their decisions about where to sign contracts or extensions. Players morale can suffer greatly if this rating is high and the team is performing poorly.
    Greed How greedy the player is. Greed is a strong factor in contract negotiations, and can have a negative impact on morale if the player feels he is underpaid.
    Intelligence How intelligent the player is. Intelligent players have a positive effect on other players in the clubhouse, and can influence in-game decisions and player development.
    Work Ethic How strong the player's work ethic is. Players with a strong work ethic can have a positive effect on other players in the clubhouse, and can influence player development. They are also somewhat less prone to slumps.

Morale can affect a number of things in the game, including:

•Player performance
    •Likelihood of the player asking for or accepting a contract extension
    •Likelihood of the player re-signing with your team in free agency
    •Likelihood of the player requesting or demanding a trade
    •Likelihood that the player will demand a change in his role on the team
    Rich
    Rich
    Commish
    Commish

AHIBA Stats Empty expansion teams

Post by Rich Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:48 pm

OOTP in my opinion starts with a weak inaugural draft. The expansion teams were all created with players and were weak as well. Put that with a pitching weak league to start as well- there probaly wasn't much out there better. In the next coming years the talent will get better- but the expansion team is never easy. He will probaly have a short life in league and might not of made it to the majors if this wasn't a new league.

Morale plays a part in it too- an angry player can perform worse than his ratings until he is no longer happy.
    Jeff14131281
    Jeff14131281
    Batboy
    Batboy

Post by Jeff14131281 Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:06 pm

Had to revisit this again. The fact that this guy played on an expansion team may not be a coincidence. The OOTP software last season did not necessarilly throw out quality competitive players to the expansion owners. I think there are different ways of looking at what this is really all about.
    Jeff14131281
    Jeff14131281
    Batboy
    Batboy

Post by Jeff14131281 Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:51 pm

Taking a look at numbers, his movement and control numbers look low. I wonder if there are pitchers in the free agent pool better than this guy. If not he may be the best possibility at this point in time on that team. I have not looked closely at that franchise. If nobody in AAA is ready and no free agents can do better than this is as good as it gets. He may not have a long career on that team based on draft choices and free agent moves going forward.
    Jeff14131281
    Jeff14131281
    Batboy
    Batboy

Post by Jeff14131281 Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:45 pm

I looked over his card. His morale is angry which is kind of interesting. His ERA though is kind of high. From what I can tell he has no decisions. He kind of looks like a mop up man to me. Since I do not have OOTP on my computer I don't fully understand how pitching roles work. I don't know if bullpen roles are actually assigned such as set up man, long relief, mop up etc. Also, though if the team has offense problems as well it ain't going to help a guy like this. Interesting observation though. You don't see that often.
    Rich
    Rich
    Commish
    Commish

AHIBA Stats Empty AHIBA Stats

Post by Rich Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:34 am

Pitcher Armando Delgado of St. Louis Lions has been in 54 games without a win-

http://www.ahiba3.com/game/lgreports/news/html/players/player_4831.html

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:12 pm