The AHIBA3 Message Board

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The AHIBA3 Message Board

AHIBA 3 is the latest continuation of the long running online baseball simulation.

Our forum has moved to www.simnation.net. Please sign on and regster at www.simnation.net- the league is now on www.ahiba3.net (new server)

5 posters

New GM and team relocation (Syracuse Storm)

New GM and team relocation (Syracuse Storm) Empty New GM and team relocation (Syracuse Storm)

Post by Guest Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:57 pm

Hi all,

I'm Sam, your new Syracuse Storm GM.

The Storm franchise has been bought out and the team are moving lock, stock and barrel to the West Coast in the very near future. The new organization will be based in Alameda, CA (an Island in the SF Bay, next to Oakland) and are likely to be called the 'Alameda Seals'...

I'm looking forward to getting started with AHIBA3, and expect to be an active (and a little trade happy) GM. Thanks Sam
    Rich
    Rich
    Commish
    Commish

Div Titles: : '09

New GM and team relocation (Syracuse Storm) Empty Re: New GM and team relocation (Syracuse Storm)

Post by Rich Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:17 pm

Welcome to the league- let me know if you have trouble getting the league file loaded. Hopefully - I get the website working soon. We hit a little snag somewhere, but the file is up to date and you can update via in game ftp. I'll get your team relocated once confirm the city and name.

New GM and team relocation (Syracuse Storm) Empty Re: New GM and team relocation (Syracuse Storm)

Post by Guest Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:33 pm

Thanks Rich, everything seems fine with the league file (I assume right now I can make roster changes etc' when logged into the game as the old Syracuse GM?)
    Bumstead
    Bumstead
    Batboy
    Batboy

Post by Bumstead Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:41 pm

Sam

Welcome to the league. I am also new this season as I took over the Provo Loans and moved them to Wingate, IN as the Wingate Gladiators. I am a bit trade happy myself, so if you have interest in making a deal let me know.

Jeff
    GM-Wingate Gladiators

Post by Guest Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:43 pm

Welcome Sam....I'm also new around here as I took over an expansion franchise and based them in San Diego. Feel free to shoot me a message if you like anybody on my squad.
    AshevilleTom
    AshevilleTom
    Batboy
    Batboy

Post by AshevilleTom Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:34 am

Hello Sam. Welcome aboard. I am Tom/Asheville Smokies and look forward to talking with ya.
    Jeff14131281
    Jeff14131281
    Batboy
    Batboy

Post by Jeff14131281 Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:14 am

Welcome to the league. I am new as well. Looks like a big season here coming up. Good luck with your team. I think there was a stadium out there once called Seals stadium. Kind of rings a bell.

Post by Guest Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:08 pm

thanks for the welcome guys,

yep there was a minor league ballpark in San Francisco called Seal Stadium, I think it got demolished after the Giants arrived in SF and Candlestick was built.
    AshevilleTom
    AshevilleTom
    Batboy
    Batboy

Post by AshevilleTom Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:01 pm

Oaktown_Sam wrote:thanks for the welcome guys,

yep there was a minor league ballpark in San Francisco called Seal Stadium, I think it got demolished after the Giants arrived in SF and Candlestick was built.

Yup, it was a pretty good hitters ballpark. I have used its model in a couple of leagues I was in.

Post by Guest Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:15 pm

good hitters ballpark in the Bay Area!? Shocked
    Rich
    Rich
    Commish
    Commish

Div Titles: : '09

New GM and team relocation (Syracuse Storm) Empty Seal Stadium

Post by Rich Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:32 pm

It was considered a hitters park- I think the Giants played a few seasons (maybe just one) there before moving into Candlestick park.
    Thunderbay
    Thunderbay
    Batboy
    Batboy

Post by Thunderbay Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:24 pm

Wlecome to the league.

BTW, Joe Dimaggio played for the Seals back in the 30's and had a 61 game hit streak with them !

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:48 pm