The AHIBA3 Message Board

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The AHIBA3 Message Board

AHIBA 3 is the latest continuation of the long running online baseball simulation.

Our forum has moved to www.simnation.net. Please sign on and regster at www.simnation.net- the league is now on www.ahiba3.net (new server)

Battle for Division Lead: 5/10/2010 - Wingate Gazette

Bumstead
    Bumstead
    Batboy
    Batboy

Battle for Division Lead: 5/10/2010 - Wingate Gazette Empty Battle for Division Lead: 5/10/2010 - Wingate Gazette

Post by Bumstead Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:54 pm

By Mary Jane Pleasant

This my first story at my new post with a brand new newspaper. Wingate is really growing fast but it is so laid back. I love it!

The Wingate Gladiators are currently in 2nd place 2.5 games behind the Long Island Gulls in the division standings and tonight the two teams clash at Gladiator Field. The two teams met earlier this season in Long Island and Wingate was able to take 2 of 3 from the Gulls. Wingate will have Murray Clay, Zak Thorson and Himmi Nsoah going for them in the series. The Gulls are playing it close to the vest about who they will start in the series. It appears that it will be Bernard, Rivera and either Lopez or Encarnacion; Wingate most likely will not face Chasse much like the Gulls will sneak by without facing Horn.

The series will probably come down to whether the Gladiator's bats can break through against the excellent Gull's pitching. Said Jeff Palin when asked about the series, "Well, it's too early in the season to make this series a make or break type deal. But, we are at home and while I think we have their attention, it would be nice to defend our turf and win this series. We just need our pitchers to keep us in the game long enough for our bats to do some damage against their great pitching staff. If we are patient at the plate and make them throw a lot of pitches, we will have a shot at them. Don't forget, after the Gulls we go to Asheville for 3 games; another tough series."

Game time is 7:05pm at Gladiator Field; there are still some tickets available, so get out there with your orange on and support this great organization!

Have any of you tried the food they sell at the park? Oh my...I'm getting the munchies just thinking about it. They roast those pigs and man those pork burgers are something to behold. I can eat 3 or 4 of those and I'm still hungry...

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:50 am