The AHIBA3 Message Board

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The AHIBA3 Message Board

AHIBA 3 is the latest continuation of the long running online baseball simulation.

Our forum has moved to www.simnation.net. Please sign on and regster at www.simnation.net- the league is now on www.ahiba3.net (new server)

2 posters

Trading picks/Draft during the playoffs

Rich
    Rich
    Commish
    Commish

Div Titles: : '09

Trading picks/Draft during the playoffs Empty Trading picks/Draft during the playoffs

Post by Rich Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:44 am

I like doing the draft during the playoffs. It saves a few weeks of to get the new season started and the teams that didn't make the playoffs aren't sitting around waiting for the offseason. What do you guys think? Let me know what you guys think and what we can do to make it better. I'm sure we will tweak it a little after we get a few drafts in.

In the past we allowed trading of picks up until the very end. I still approve of this and have no problem as long as I told about it in time to update the draft. There are 2 problems that I thought of. Since we normally do the draft after the playoffs.

1. I thin kthe players needs to go through waivers up until after the playoffs. I need to confirm this. But we can go around this by not processing them until after the playoffs.

2. The other issue is if a team is in the playoffs. I was close to trading my #38 pick during the slow down. I was thinking of trading Cuevas, one of my starting pitchers. The issue is what to do with the player if they are traded. Should playoff teams be allowed to trade players on the 25 man roster during the playoffs? I think it will be fine but the traded players should be put DFA or tripleA. Teams not in the playoffs wouldn't have an issue. Let me know if anyone sees and issues or problems with this.
    Bumstead
    Bumstead
    Batboy
    Batboy

Trading picks/Draft during the playoffs Empty Re: Trading picks/Draft during the playoffs

Post by Bumstead Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:38 am

I think that all teams should be allowed to trade during the draft. Maybe this is the best way to do it, if one trades for a pick, the original team could just draft the player the other team wants and the trade can be processed after the playoffs; the trade can be announced when it occurs but just processed when it is more convenient in the game.

Jeff
    Wingate Gladiators
    Rich
    Rich
    Commish
    Commish

Div Titles: : '09

Trading picks/Draft during the playoffs Empty draft pick trading

Post by Rich Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:54 am

Its easy enough to change the picks in the utility. I just meant if you told me with 1 minute until the timer was about to autopick for one of the teams. I get the emails to my phone so I'm on most of the time. I don't think that is a problem. I think the problem is what to do if its a playoff team. Can the team play the traded players or not. We don't have career ending injuries but the injuries can lumo the ratings and make the player worse. I think the playoff team needs to DFA the player so thay can no longer play. Maybe the computer will let me do they trade, I have to try it.

Sponsored content

Trading picks/Draft during the playoffs Empty Re: Trading picks/Draft during the playoffs

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:24 am