The AHIBA3 Message Board

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The AHIBA3 Message Board

AHIBA 3 is the latest continuation of the long running online baseball simulation.

Our forum has moved to www.simnation.net. Please sign on and regster at www.simnation.net- the league is now on www.ahiba3.net (new server)

2 posters

Smokies First Five Players Selected in Inaugural Draft

AshevilleTom
    AshevilleTom
    Batboy
    Batboy

Smokies First Five Players Selected in Inaugural Draft Empty Smokies First Five Players Selected in Inaugural Draft

Post by AshevilleTom Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:32 pm

From the Desk of Jimmy Holbrook/General Manager Asheville Smokies

The Asheville Smokies selected the following players in last night's Inaugural Draft...
    Pat Whitley, 27, Right Field. Numbers:74/70/64.
    Sergio Avila, 21, Second Base. Numbers:66/19/54.
    Bill Bowman, 21, Starting Pitcher. Numbers:37/66/41.
    Ollie Roberts, 27, First Base. Numbers:79/71/43.
    Mike Taylor, 24, Catcher. Numbers:50/55/48.

cc:Tom Lifsey/Team Owner Asheville Smokies
    Rich
    Rich
    Commish
    Commish

Div Titles: : '09

Smokies First Five Players Selected in Inaugural Draft Empty Re: Smokies First Five Players Selected in Inaugural Draft

Post by Rich Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:35 pm

Some nice players Very Happy

AshevilleTom wrote:From the Desk of Jimmy Holbrook/General Manager Asheville Smokies

The Asheville Smokies selected the following players in last night's Inaugural Draft...
    Pat Whitley, 27, Right Field. Numbers:74/70/64.
    Sergio Avila, 21, Second Base. Numbers:66/19/54.
    Bill Bowman, 21, Starting Pitcher. Numbers:37/66/41.
    Ollie Roberts, 27, First Base. Numbers:79/71/43.
    Mike Taylor, 24, Catcher. Numbers:50/55/48.

cc:Tom Lifsey/Team Owner Asheville Smokies
    Rich
    Rich
    Commish
    Commish

Smokies First Five Players Selected in Inaugural Draft Empty Re: Smokies First Five Players Selected in Inaugural Draft

Post by Rich Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:44 am

Pat Whitley looks like a future HOF'er- so far .455 avg 10 homers 8 SBs.
    AshevilleTom
    AshevilleTom
    Batboy
    Batboy

Post by AshevilleTom Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:05 pm

Rich wrote:Pat Whitley looks like a future HOF'er- so far .455 avg 10 homers 8 SBs.

Now if we can find an antibiotic for these damn injury bugs! Shocked
    Rich
    Rich
    Commish
    Commish

Post by Rich Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:40 pm

I've been lucky so far- just a few day to day injuries. But some teams are getting crushed. We can put it up for debate to maybe shorten the sims to 3 or 6 games. it would make the season take longer but it reduces injuries if you export daily. This way you catch the tired players more often. This is why I went with 7 days instead of what seems to be the league norms of 15 to 20 days now. I like the 7 day pace though- especially for rebuilding teams.
    AshevilleTom
    AshevilleTom
    Batboy
    Batboy

Post by AshevilleTom Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:28 pm

Rich wrote:I've been lucky so far- just a few day to day injuries. But some teams are getting crushed. We can put it up for debate to maybe shorten the sims to 3 or 6 games. it would make the season take longer but it reduces injuries if you export daily. This way you catch the tired players more often. This is why I went with 7 days instead of what seems to be the league norms of 15 to 20 days now. I like the 7 day pace though- especially for rebuilding teams.

I like the 7 day also..I utilize the 7 day lineup and find 7 days is just fine.
    Rich
    Rich
    Commish
    Commish

Post by Rich Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:24 am

Are the 7 day lineups working for you? It was messing up my rotation. My # 5 guy would always start 2 days in a row.
    AshevilleTom
    AshevilleTom
    Batboy
    Batboy

Post by AshevilleTom Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:19 pm

Rich wrote:Are the 7 day lineups working for you? It was messing up my rotation. My # 5 guy would always start 2 days in a row.

I find I must manually input my SP on the 7day lineup, otherwise it skews the rotation as you mention. I have done my lineups, then forget to export and have starters all out of whack. But I have done ok with the 7day so far in the AHIBA3.
    Rich
    Rich
    Commish
    Commish

Post by Rich Sun Sep 13, 2009 4:33 pm

I'll have to try that. In another league that simmed 15 games I had that problem- I figured since we are only doing 7 it would be ok. I've been so busy with league stuff I didn't pay too much attention until all my pitchers eras were climbing rapidly. I turned it off and they are slowly going down- but I like 7 days to rest my batters.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:56 am